Thank you all who participated in our first bake-off! Here are a couple of the receipts from the contestants! Below are some of the instructions to make what you tried!
Sala Cabbage Recipe:
1 med cabbage
1 medium red onion
10 medium roma tomato
2- 4 oz. can diced jalapeños
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
15 oz. bottle of lime juice
3 tsp. ground cumin
pepper to taste
1. Quarter cabbage and remove core. Thinly slice and chop into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
2. Chop red onion, remove pulp from tomatoes dice, strain jalapeños and add place everything in the large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl combine lime juice and cumin. Stir well and add to cabbage mixture. Stir to combine all ingredients. Add pepper to taste.
4. Remove Stems from cilantro and add to cabbage mixture. Stir well then cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
Lemon- Blueberry Bunt Cake recipe:
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
3 cups all- purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
2 tbsp. grated lemon rind
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (16 oz.) container reduced-fat sour cream
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare cake, coat a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Set aside.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
4. Place 3/4 cups granulated sugar, butter, and rind in a large bowl; beat with a mixture at medium speed until well blended ( about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (about 4 minutes total). Beat in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour mixture; beat at a medium speed just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until wooden pick insert in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack; remove from the pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over cooled cake.